Watch the Keynote Address
"What's That Coming Over the Hill? Digital Futures, Emerging Cultures, New Learning"
Steve Wheeler (Plymouth University, UK)
Download the new Sloan-C Conferences Mobile App!
- Available now in the Apple iTunes store for iPhone and iPad
- Available now in the Google Play store for Android
New Workshop Just Announced: Designing a MOOC for Canvas Network
Check out our Special Events and What to Do in Las Vegas
Plan to stop by the book signing tables at the Welcome Reception Tues 5:30-7pm:
- Best Practices for Teaching with Emerging Technologies, authored by Michelle Pacansky-Brock, the 2013 "Launch Pad" Chair
- The Seven Futures of American Education: Improving Learning & Teaching in a Screen-Captured World, authored by John Sener
Best-in-Track Selections Announced - Read the Press Release
Plan to Attend the Unconference Sessions
Congratulations to our Launch Pad participants - be sure to visit them in the exhibit hall!
Related Articles & Press Releases:
- Launch Pad Finalists Announced for SLOAN-C Conference on Emerging Technologies
- Sloan-C Adds Ed-Tech Startups Showcase to Upcoming Emerging Technologies for Online Learning Conference
Have a position opening? Looking for a new position? Check out the new ET4Online Career Forum page.
Related Press Release:
- Sloan-C and Nevada State College Team Up to Bring ‘Career Forum’ to Emerging Technologies for Online Learning Conference
Watch the recording: Preview Webinar of the Virtual Program
Watch the recording: Preview Webinar of the Onsite Program
News You Can Use
Connected Minds, Emerging Cultures is authored by Steve Wheeler, our Keynote Speaker.
Check out Sloan-C Institute's Mobile Learning Mastery Series - Next session starts March 1, 2013.
Recordings from our 11/29/12 "Five Tips on How to Submit a Successful Conference Proposal"
FAQs | Presenter FAQs
1. Where can I find further details about the conference?
For detailed information about the conference, please visit the 2013 program page. The pages under the Program tab will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.
If you have any questions that are not addressed on the Web site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 583-7561.
2. How do I register for the conference?
Registration will open soon. To register online, please visit the registration page and click on the “REGISTER NOW!” link. To register by phone, please call (781) 583-7561 during regular business hours (ET).
3. Does the cost of the conference include accommodations? Where can I find details of location and accommodation options?
The registration fee does not include accommodations. All conference sessions will be held at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Rooms will be available at the Planet Hollywood Resort for a special Sloan-C conference rate. Attendees of the conference must book their hotel room through the conference website no later than Friday, March 22, 2013 in order to receive discounted rates starting at $129.00* per night plus taxes (12%) and fees. The special conference rate also applies for three days prior to and three days after the conclusion of the conference.
4. What is "Emerging Technologies"?
The Emerging Technologies Symposium is devoted to the emerging and innovative uses of technology designed to improve teaching and learning online. The conference focuses on the technologies that drive online learning effectiveness, highlighting research, applications and best practices of important emerging technological tools. We encourage submissions related to instruction, networking, assessment, open educational resources, new media and support services.
5. Will there be exhibits at the event? If so, what opportunities are available for exhibitors?
Space is available for exhibitors; an exhibit prospectus will be available. Questions on exhibit and sponsorship opportunities may be addressed to Christine Hinkley at email@example.com.
6. Am I able to provide printed materials to be included in participant packages?
In an effort to be as "green" as possible, we do not hand out participant packages. Registered participants will receive a printed Schedule-at-a-Glance upon checkin. We also strongly encourage presenters to post presentation and any support materials to the conference proceedings repository.
7. Will there be a printed program book?
Sloan-C is going green. There will not be a printed program book. Sloan-C will provide a printed Schedule-at-a-Glance with basic program information upon check-in at the registration desk on-site. Full program information will be available on the website (see the Program pages) beginning on or about January 28, 2013, so you can start to plan which sessions you'd like to attend beginning in January.
There will be a downloadable PDF of a program book available about a week before the conference dates, but bear in mind that all information in the pdf is also available on the website prior to when the file will be posted. You do not need to print the file out - there will be wireless access in the conference area and computer kiosks, as well as the email lab, set up for you to access the program information from the Sloan-C website.
8. Do you issue letters of invitation to attend the conference?
In order to be considered for receiving a letter of invitation from Sloan-C to attend one of our conferences, we would need to receive a letter, from an organization's e-mail address, on the organization's official letterhead, that includes the name and contact information of the person or organization that is sponsoring the trip to our conference. When we have received all required information we will determine whether a letter of invitation will be granted.