Sloan Consortium Institute - Webinar Proposals
The Sloan-C Institute welcomes ideas and proposals for webinars from our members and colleagues in online higher education. All webinars are to be non-commercial in nature and be focused on topics that would interest educators in online and blended higher education.
For companies with products and services that might be of interest to the online higher education market, please see the Sloan-C Corporate Sponsorship Options.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal and facilitating a webinar with Sloan-C, please consider the following topical areas.
Topics* might include:
- Blended teaching and learning
- Social networking in the Classroom
- Open educational resources
- Mobile Learning/Apps
- Gaming in Online Learning
- Virtual Worlds
- Tablet pc's and smart boards
- Assessment tools to improve quality of online instruction
- Program design
- iPads, Kindles, and other handhelds: Uses for Online Higher Education
- Other new platforms that enable different modes of communication between instructor & student, and among students
- Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, LCMS overview (multiple LCMS tour)
- Creating online courses with disability accommodations
- Online interactions - how to support and engage students
- "How to’s" and tips/strategies on technical topics
- Blended Learning for community colleges
*Topics are some of the suggestions from past Sloan-C webinar attendees for future webinars of interest
We encourage you to submit a proposal for your webinar topic here. If your webinar proposal gets approved, you will be contacted by a Sloan-C staff for scheduling and production details.
The live events are conducted in Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate Live!) and a training session for the presenter can be scheduled.
Webinar presenters are requested to submit their PowerPoint presentation for the webinar at least two weeks prior to the date of the live event, and a dry-run will be scheduled seven to ten days before the webinar.
Live events are usually scheduled on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2-3:30 PM Eastern Time with some flexibility based on the presenter’s availability.
If you have any questions about submitting a webinar proposal please contact Zeren Eder at email@example.com